Gwinnett County’s education is a top priority for parents, employers and elected officials and offers some of the highest-ranking public and private schools -- from elementary grades to the university level -- in the Southeast and the nation.
Gwinnett County students continue to post Georgia’s highest test scores and graduation rates and abundant school choices include magnet schools, parochial schools, private academies and a growing home-school movement.
In higher education, Gwinnett County and metro Atlanta are home to 57 public and private institutions of higher education, which enroll over 250,000 students in fields of study ranging from biological sciences and engineering to business and health professions.
Each May and December, newly educated workers enter the job market from these educational institutions, filling Gwinnett with some of the most educated and talented employees in the nation.
- Gwinnett County Public Schools
- Buford City Schools
- Private Schools
- University of Georgia, Gwinnett & Athens Campuses
- Georgia Gwinnett College
- Gwinnett Technical College
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- University of Phoenix & Other Gwinnett Schools
- Metro Atlanta Higher Education
- Georgia Work Ready Certified
- Fast Facts